The Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi) is a multilateral partnership, housed in the World Bank, that aims to unlock financing for women-led/owned businesses (WSMEs) in developing countries. We-Fi’s partners include 14 donor governments, six multilateral development banks as implementing partners, and numerous other stakeholders in the public and private sector around the world. We-Fi has allocated $300 million to programs that will benefit close to 130,000 WSMEs and mobilize $3 billion from the public and private sectors. We-Fi takes an ecosystem approach to removing barriers to women’s economic empowerment, addressing constraints and opportunities related to finance, market access, capacity and the enabling environment.
Scope of Work
The Communications Consultant will be operating under the supervision of the Senior Communication Officer of the We-Fi Secretariat and will work in close coordination with We-Fi’s digital communications coordinator.
His/Her responsibility will be to co-design and implement communications activities, online campaigns, and applying strategic communications to different target audiences and stakeholders. There will be a special focus on the web platform and online channels; produce and edit online content, provide metric analysis and reports at regular intervals; provide best practice guidelines to operational colleagues on their deployment of social media tools; and provide overall support for the technical posting of documents/updates on the We-Fi website, supporting the governance function of the platform. Furthermore, the Communications Consultant will be instrumental in the editing and production of We-Fi collateral and promotion materials.
Timeframe: FY22 (mid-August, starting date as mutually agreed)
Days: 90 Days (initial contract; extension is possible)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Online comms content development and online outreach. Tasks:
- Writing and editing short feature articles
- Placement of articles and documents on website (incl. technical uploads)
- Newsletter development (monthly)
- Social media strategy and implementation: Linkedin (regular updates), and explore strategy and implementation plan for new social media channel (Instagram, TBC). Produce online media posts and graphic design elements (postcards etc). Strategize around momentum, advertisement, new channels and online campaigns
- Devise and implement an online dissemination plan for the Annual Report.
- Develop and help to implement an editorial calendar
- Dissemination strategy (social media) and posting around Annual Report
- Establish metrics for monitoring impact and produce regular reports on impact for We-Fi Secretariat colleagues
- Work independently on routine projects and programs, seeking guidance on complex issues as needed
Fundraising materials development and collateral development:
- Explainer animation: Co-produce script development, manage relationship with animator / vendor
- Investment Case: guide the creative process (review design options), managing relationship with vendor; work on online posts and online campaign for the dissemination
- Other collateral development: brochure / flyers etc: support the writing and editing and creative concept development- work with vendor for execution
- Education: BA/BS or MA/MS (in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Creative Design, Language/arts).
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong familiarity with issues related entrepreneurship, gender issues, SME development, international development. Familiarity with the World Bank is an asset.
- Good command of communications strategy implementation, especially digital communications and digital marketing.
- Skilled in developing and leveraging technologies supporting communications efforts including websites, blogs, email marketing tools, etc.
- Familiar with technologies such as WordPress, MailChimp, and InDesign; experience with Canva and Buffer is a plus; experience in producing social media content with little lead time.
- Proficient in website and social media analytics.
- Familiarity with (online) video production tools such as Premiere, Final Cut, etc. is a plus
- Exceptional writer (English), communicator, and can operate under pressure and under tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/ external partners in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate willingness to provide assistance and support when needed
Please send a short cover letter and CV (no more than 2 pages), including links to relevant websites and social media channels to: email@example.com by July 30th, 2021 12:00 PM EST.