TERMS OF REFERENCE
Short Term Consultancy 75 days (C1 level)
Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi), MDDPP
The Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi) is a multilateral partnership housed in the World Bank that aims to unlock financing for women-led/owned businesses (WSMEs) in developing countries. We-Fi’s partners include 14 donor governments, six multilateral development banks as implementing partners, and numerous other stakeholders in the public and private sector around the world. We-Fi has allocated $300 million to programs that will benefit close to 130,000 WSMEs and mobilize $3 billion from the public and private sectors. We-Fi takes an ecosystem approach to removing barriers to women’s economic empowerment, addressing constraints and opportunities related to finance, market access, capacity and the enabling environment.
Scope of Work
The Communications Consultant will work under the supervision of the External Affairs Officer of the We-Fi Secretariat and will collaborate closely with the rest of the We-Fi team.
His/Her responsibility will be to co-design and implement communications activities, such as high-level events, publications, online outreach, and content writing. The consultant is also expected to provide overall support for the posting of documents/updates on the We-Fi website, and improving the governance / donor relations function of the platform. Furthermore, the Communications Consultant is expected to support the editing and production of We-Fi collateral and promotion materials.
Level: Communications Associate – STC C1 level
Timeframe: FY23 (February – June 30, 2023, starting date as mutually agreed)
Days: 75 Days (initial contract; extension is possible)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Storytelling Coordination: working with We-Fi’s communications lead and media partner(s), help organize, produce and edit feature articles and videos that highlight women entrepreneurs in developing countries.
- Identify and reach out to women-led SMEs/women entrepreneurs in coordination with We-Fi implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Writing and editing short feature articles and/or blogs.
- Co-develop and implement an editorial calendar in close collaboration with communications consultant and communications lead.
- Facilitate the technical maintenance and update of the We-Fi website with outside vendor.
- Build out new technical capabilities (for example, new type of pages and filter and search options) or work with web vendor to build it out
- Manage the content management system (WordPress), including creating new pages, updating documents and existing pages.
Events Support and Publications Coordination
- Coordinate the design process and manage relationship with vendor around We-Fi’s flagship publications, including its Annual Report, Case for Investing, and other knowledge products; work on online posts and online campaign for the dissemination of knowledge products.
- Other collateral development: brochure / flyers etc: support the writing and editing and creative concept development- work with vendor for execution.
- Support event logistics – such as online promotion, development of collaterals, speaker coordination around high-level events involving senior World Bank Group leaders and/or government ministers and private sector executives.
- Education: BA/BS or MA/MS (in International Affairs, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or other relevant fields).
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong familiarity with issues related to gender equality, entrepreneurship, SME development, international development.
- Exceptional writer (English), communicator, and can operate under pressure and under tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
- Good command of communications strategy implementation; experience with designing and supporting high-level events a plus.
- Strong familiarity with WordPress, knowledge of HTML and other web design, development, and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/ external partners in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work independently on routine projects and programs, seeking guidance on complex issues as needed.
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate willingness to provide assistance and support when needed.
Please send a cover letter and resume (no more than 2 pages) in a combined PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2023 5:00 PM EST.